What kind of visa is required to study in Japan?

What is the interest rate used by courts in Japan?
August 8, 2016
What documents are required for a spousal visa in Japan?
August 15, 2016
Show all

Foreign nationals who wish to study in Japan can obtain a student visa that will grant them legal status to pursue their education while in Japan.  As part of the visa application process, the foreign national will still need to provide some documentation.  This may include proof of ability to pay tuition and/or proof of graduation from either high school or college, depending on the level of school the student wishes to attend in Japan.

Previously there were two types of student visas in Japan, one for lower level education and one for college and above.  However, from 2010 these two visas were combined into a single student visa that can be used by all students coming to study in Japan.

If you have any questions about visas in Japan, please contact our office for a legal consultation.